NHL/Former NHL Players You May Recognize
Randy Robitaille, Chris Simon, Brent Sopel
- The ceremony preceding Wednesday's game was for Sergei Mozyakin being named player of the month.
- Standings Update: Magnitogorsk sits in 3rd place in the West with 72 points. Novokuznetsk is in 10th in the East with 43 points.
- KHL Scoring Race Update: Mozyakin entered tonight's game with the lead (56), 5 points ahead of Malkin (51) and 10 points ahead of Alexander Radulov (46).
- Starting goalies: Yury Klyuchnikov for Novokuznetsk and Ari Ahonen for Magnitogorsk.
- Injury report remains the same: Cal O'Reilly, Oleg Tverdovsky, and Evgeny Biryukov out.
- Enver Lisin finally returned to the lineup, joining Justin Hodgman's line with Mats Zuccarello
|Novokuznetsk was helped by a few key shot blocks|
in the first period.
Magnitogorsk then opened up the second period with a quick goal to double their lead as Alexei Bondarev found Mats Zuccarello streaking up the ice for a breakaway. Zuccarello deked to his backhand and then forehand to get goalie Yury Klyuchnikov sprawling out of position as he slid the puck into the net. Klyuchnikov steadied the ship for Novokuznetsk for a few minutes as Magnitogorsk continued an onslaught of shots (outshooting Novokuznetsk 12-3 in the period), but it was only a matter of time before the lead would increase.
|It was a tough day for Klyuchnikov, who dealt with|
traffic in his crease constantly.
|Malkin was all smiles after 3 points in an easy win.|
Final Score: Metallurg Magnitogorsk 6 Metallurg Novokuznetsk 0
Box Score: http://text.khl.ru/en/35104.htmlMagnitogorsk drops to 22-0-9-7 and Novosibirsk improves to 11-3-4-19.
Next Game: 12/30, 6am EST vs Amur Khabarovsk
**I might miss this one but will at least post highlights and stats if I do miss it**
Thank you to onhockey.ru (@onhockey on Twitter). Not only have they been dependable for KHL streams, but they even named my blog on the stream for this game (as you can see in the screencaps).
Keep track of Malkin and the KHL scoring race here: http://en.khl.ru/stat/leaders/222/.