Even though kickball signups are over, you can still come as a spectator ($10 - covers food/donation) or donate to the cause!! If you wish to do so, send donations to firstname.lastname@example.org via PayPal or bring money to the registration table on the day of the events!
Date: October 6th
Location: South Hills Dek Hockey
|(Schedule - Click to enlarge)|
Kickball will begin at 1:00pm. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your team’s first game to check in.
Parking is limited, so please carpool with your teammates when possible!
- Single elimination rounds
- Each game’s home team will be determined via coin toss
- Games will be limited to 5 innings except in the event of a tie
- 3 Strikes anyway you are out
- Throws must be kept at shoulder level- hitting a player above the shoulders will result in the player being called safe (this is not dodge ball!)
- Must kick from behind home plate
- Unnecessary force to throw a player out will result in the runner being called safe (umpire discretion)
- Winning team will receive medals
If you would like to umpire games, please contact Stevie Watson at email@example.com!
Other important information:
- When signing in, you will collect your shirt and a ticket to be used for food- choice of hamburger, hot dog, hot sausage, or kilbasa, two sides, corn on the cob, and a drink
- All extra plates of food will be at a cost of $5 per plate to the vendor
- Drinks and snacks will be sold throughout the day at a reasonable price- all proceeds to benefit Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- A limited amount of Hockey Kicks Cancer shirts will be available for purchase at the event
- Glitter tattoos and eye black can be purchased for $2 each- all proceeds to benefit Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- 50/50 raffles will take place during each game
- 2-3 cornhole sets will be available to play between games
- Tickets for prize baskets will be sold all day- winners will be contacted via phone if not present when tickets are pulled at the end of the night
- Silent auction winners winners will be contacted via phone if not present when the auction ends at the end of the night
- Checks for all auction items will be made payable to High Heels & Hockey
- All proceeds from auction items and raffle tickets will benefit Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Anyone who is not currently signed up to attend as a spectator may pay $10 at the registration table on the day of the event.
- If games run quickly and we have time at the end, we can play some pickup games.
Please see this post for more info on prizes and vendors.
Anyone who wishes to donate to the event, can do so via PayPal. Please send donations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our blog teams for their help!
High Heels and Hockey
MegaPowers (The PensNation, The PensBlog, and Face-Off Factor)
And a special thanks to Stevie Watson from High Heels and Hockey for doing the majority of work on this project!!!